About Us

Sonoma County, California
We are two teachers in love who took on an enormous renovation project over three years ago. In the words of the inspector, "This house has been abused." When we're not educating young minds or working on our place, we are busy with many other interests. Dominic could blog with authority on the following topics: zombie infestations, home-brewing, origami, medieval recreation, and surfing. As for me, my blogging repertoire could include these topics: breastfeeding, guitar for the musically disinclined, bellydancing, and the quest for the perfect matzah ball. This is our story.

Friday, November 30, 2007

The E.R.

My finger

Dominic's finger

New Side Window

Dominic shows our neighbor the window that led to my demise

Okay, I admit it. I wasn’t using OSHA certified paint-scraping techniques when I was cleaning the caulk off of our recycled windows, but still, I was unprepared for the flash of pain (note to self: point the paint scraper away from the hand that is innocently holding the window steady).

Though I was grateful to get an excellent deal on gorgeous windows, it was annoying to begin a project with clean-up and as a result, I was in too much of a hurry. Dominic rushed me to the E.R. (yet another milestone in our relationship), where no one was in much of a rush at all. After the four-hour wait and two stitches, all agreed that I was very brave. For comparison, I’ve posted a picture of Dominic’s bruised finger from our floor installation days. The results are clear – I win in the category of “bodily sacrifice to the house.”

No comments: